View Single Post
Old
08-15-2012, 09:39 AM
Graves94

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bones View Post
St.Croix has to get some size & get better at his all around game to make the Rangers. Sure he puts up numbers in juniors, but lacks the physical presents that the NYR organization wants & craves for. If he can add size & bring a more fierce player in him out & still be capable of putting up 100+ points, look for him to be the newest top prospect in Ranger land.
Good post.
I judge prospects by how they fare against top competition at/or close to their age group. That's why the WJC is a good barometer of prospects development and POTENTIAL at the next level. Usually players that perform well in the WJC, USUALLY graduate to the next level and ultimately play and produce at some level in the NHL. However, for every Kreider and Stepan there is a Dube and Dawes, and so on.
I guess what I'm trying to say, is that if you're of a small stature, you better be able to play big and get to the dirty areas to make things happen. I was pretty high on MSC with a lot of things being said about him from posters who had seen him play regularly.
Well, I saw MSC play in the recent Memorial Cup (3 games), and I was totally not impresse by him at all. Never mind NOT even being close to being the top offensive player on his team, he looked lazy and disinterested in all three zones. I hope he was injured or had some other good reason for his performance that week, but this kid was very average and with his size, I seriously doubt he ever makes it to the NHL. Hope I'm wrong.