Thread: Luke Schenn
View Single Post
Old
08-15-2012, 10:01 AM
Darkhorse1280

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brozgalov View Post
I think the Toronto market got to him. Basically he was put in a position to be the centerpiece to rebuild the franchise. For a stay-at-home type defensemen, I think that was a huge mistake. I haven't seen too much of him, but with that kind of pressure, he probably tried to do too much, where his game is typically trying to do all the little things right, "just doing his part."

I suspect there will be little pressure on him in Philly (even though we have defensive injuries). Lavvy will tell him to just play his game and he will be paired with Timonen to start the year.

Kimmo will have free reign to push into the play as needed, and Schenn will be the stay at home guy he was meant to be. All with having the confidence from playing with Timonen and learning from him as well.

I expect him to have a "monster" year, but I suspect a monster year sees him put up like 15-20 points and lead the team in hits etc.

And you think that the Philly market will be any more forgiving if he screws up out there?

Also, to the OP. Other than last season, Schenn was an absolute beast for us and was our best D-man on most nights. So I don't know where you getting this from that he wasn't good at all during his Leaf tenure?

Having said all of that, I really hope Luke works out for you guys and succeeds as a Flyer.

Darkhorse1280 is offline   Reply With Quote