View Single Post
Old
08-15-2012, 11:11 AM
buggs

vCash: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post

He finished with 41 assists, so clearly he was involved in a good chunk of any of the team offense that was derived via the back-end. Yes, he wandered at times, but he also picked his spots a bit better as the year wore on - probably due to Huddy constantly riding him. Yes, he wasn't overly physical, though he was also injured for much of the last half of the season, which is a limiting factor. Despite playing much of the season with an injury he finished second in scoring for defensemen; and some of you want to jettison that player?
He also seemed to me to be targeted by referees simply based on his size. I suppose there's a safety component to that in that he could probably really hurt somebody but it seemed a little bit like profiling in some games last year. Can't forget the look on Buff's face in the opening part of the home opener against Montreal. Habs player skated right at him, tried to move him and fell down - penalty Buff even though he stood still. I'm pretty sure he never actually felt the contact, but looked around to find the ref with his arm up calling a penalty on him. That's got to impact your ability to be physical when they're calling you for stuff you didn't even do.

buggs is online now   Reply With Quote