Old
08-15-2012, 12:31 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
I say it's a whole team issue.

Pavs tends to be weak on the oddman rushes and breakaways (other than december wasn't better)
Buff gets caugh when he shouldn't always be (but got better)
The 3rd forward wasn't very good at covering for Buff usually - I'm looking at you Stapleton, GST, and co (but got better as the year went on)
Exactly.

I agree with just about everything that's been said in the last 10 posts.

The whole team had issues as far as defensive play (4thline being a thirdline, pav's inconsistency, Buff's pinches, Randy jones being on the team) but because Buff has some highlight reel guffawes he gets singled out as the sole cause of all those goals against.(even though our GAA was better with him in the lineup then out, was it not?).

In short, the guy drives the bus, is hugely important, and most importantly, he is used appropriately.

Can you rely on an offensive guy like that to be in your top pairing? Yes, if your top pairing is used as an offensive pair, which is exactly what Noel does.

The concern that buff's free roaming is detrimental to the team due to his status as the No1-2 d man would only be an issue if Noel used him as a two way/pp/pk dman, which he doesn't.

Conclusion:
I love Byfuglien and so can you!

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote