Old
08-15-2012, 01:56 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Am I missing something? How is it Detroit is predicted by so many to be better than us this season? Did they not lose both of their top defensemen? We lost Suter but gained Gill and Guastad for a full season. Not to mention we were much deeper on the blueline to begin with. Guess they don't really know how good Josi can be.
To be fair, Stuart was not a "top" defenseman, he was second pairing and not doing so great. If they'd lost Lidstrom and Kronwall, such a statement would be accurate.

That and I think folks are reserving judgment on Josi the same way they're reserving judgment on Smith. Which is fair, although I'm inclined to disagree with some of the conclusions being jumped to in both cases. (Particularly in Smith's case, where apparently the only thing keeping him from being described as Lidstrom's immediate drop-in replacement is the sentiment that Lidstrom is one-of-a-kind and irreplacable. "But in every OTHER way..." )

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!