View Single Post
Old
08-15-2012, 05:33 PM
Mike8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Hey guys, I've got a few questions about LIVING in MTL.

My employer is offering me a job in MTL (near downtown/old MTL, it's on Notre Dame W.). I'm not a fan of downtown in general, I'm looking for a quiet family-centered neighbourhood that wouldn't be too much of a commute to that area everyday.

Originally I was thinking of living in Laval, then I looked at Brossard, which seems nice upon google streetviews. I'm just looking an area that's away from noise (traffic, people, bars, etc.) but still reasonably close to downtown mtl (30-35mins by car, possibly a bit more by bus). I would like an area that has some trees and parks as opposed to buildings upon buildings.

Which areas should I be looking at? What's convenient but also has good "greenspace"?
Are you looking for a condo, apartment, or house?

That area itself isn't bad, in fact. There are some nice places to live around there, and it's not too noisy.

If you want to be far from noise and in a real suburb-like area, then you'd have easy access over the Victoria bridge. Depends on the hours you work, but it's convenient and, outside of rush hour, it's an 8min drive away or so from your work.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote