Old
08-15-2012, 05:57 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Interesting comments on Kronwall.

Re: Bylsma... grass is always greener. I wager more than half our fan base would take you up on your offer, though.

"Disco" as he's called is a good coach for being so young and a very likable individual, but he's got some rough edges in the PP and gameplan departments. Babcock is a more well-rounded coach IMO. Bylsma needs to add a few tricks to his name, another offensive system he can pull out in a tough playoff series or down the stretch, to keep opponents off balance. His current system is predictable and only works because of who (should be when healthy) centering his top 2 lines, but when the depth dwindles a little because of injuries like the last 2 years things get ugly from time to time.

Will be interesting to see how he evolves.
Pittsburgh fans should be pretty high on Kronwall, he gets a big matchup and plays up to that level whenever the two teams hook up. He has played arguably some of his best hockey against you guys. Part of the reason I am not scared of him as a number one a lot of his dumb pinches and things that upset people come against the Calgary and Columbus type teams. He seems much safer when he respects the level of talent he is going up against and elevates his game accordingly.

As for your Bylsma comments I agree. I think he is a very good coach but he is more out of the Tippett and Hitchcock school of thinking. He has a system and it pounds out results. They problem for him is adjusting out of that system when something is going wrong. Another thing all three guys don't do nearly enough for me is shuffle lines.

Even when lines are going full tilt, Bowman and Babcock tinker with them in games when they don't like what they see, or like a particular guys jump. I think Bylsma could do this more with Pittsburgh. I know Malkin and Neal click most nights but when it isn't happening he shouldn't be afraid to separate them for the night and see if on that particular night a different line will get results.

I think Babcock has a system but it is meaner than he can employ with what the Wings do and in a way that helps him. He has made the team harder to play against but now sees the benefit of some of the puck possession stuff that the Wings have always had. Having coached two teams and a bunch of different type teams is a benefit for him.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote