View Single Post
Old
08-15-2012, 06:53 PM
TheDevilMadeMe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1958 View Post
If I flip Rederson and Staal on the PK, I have to play the third or fourth line post PK since I have split linemates from lines 1 and 2. As is the lines stay intact and post PK I have the choice of three lines.
Okay, I just think Jordan Staal is your best PK option and I would do whatever possible to get him on the first unit (maybe move Corson up too?)

Quote:
The forward who can help the second PP unit does not exist at the MLD level. Worst case scenario is that I move Grant/Cole to the 2ndPP and play Karlsson as a forward at times on the PP against certain defences. This was done with dmen like Vadnais, Savard, Larry Robinson. Then there was Red Kelly. Easy to live with.
Now that I think about it, why not have Robert Lang replace Staal on the second PP? He's definitely a better PP player than Staal, and Staal gets more ice time in a defensive role.

Quote:
Bob Murray is the smallest of our defensemen and the most versatile.
Nobody is versatile enough to play special teams when he isn't dressed

Quote:
Guy Boucher. Name another NA coach that can successfully coach the 1-3-1? Team Sweden, will be playing the 1-3-1. Need someone with experience to defend the 1-3-1 plus a balanced team like mine is well suited to play the 1-3-1 which answers the offensive and PP concerns as well.
I don't know why you need to counter a 1-3-1 with another 1-3-1. I do know that Boucher has coached 2 NHL seasons, only once making the playoffs. His brief AHL record is nice, but the modern AHL is a far cry from the AHL when the NHL only had 6 teams.

Quote:
Dropping Johnston. Not an option for the leftovers available.. No other team has the goalie defensemen depth that we do. Will listen to trades that upgrade our team.
You're right. No other team has three goalies...

TheDevilMadeMe is offline   Reply With Quote