Thread: OT: The OT Thread
View Single Post
Old
08-15-2012, 07:19 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
I don't know how it worked out, but apparently the players proposal only appeared to be a big concession, when in reality, after the numbers were run, they weren't going to give up a whole lot.. But at the same time, they have expressed they would give up some money, are fine with the cap, and acknowledge that there are problems.. But I find it really hard to side with the owners here.. The players gave HUGE concessions in the last go around, and it was supposed to be solved, now the owners are unhappy yet again. So **** them. I will be pissed if the only way we get hockey is if Bettman and co get all their demands met. It's ****ing stupid if you ask me. Bettman needs to be fired. Like Fehr said, look at baseball, hasn't been a threat of lockout in a decade and a half, although I admit, baseball is not perfect with their non-cap system.
Bettman only does what his employers want and they want money all the money. The fact the players offered a reasonable first offer (meaning they ask for more than the expect so they can negotiate) and the owners think it is "way off" and yet they think that 5 year ELC and 10 year RFA as well as much smaller cap is they way to go we won't see NHL hockey this year period.

I don't care that baseball hasn't had a lockout they have a corrupt system where half the league is a farm team.