View Single Post
Old
08-15-2012, 08:30 PM
Janko Unchained
*Slightly overpaid

vCash: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
I don't know how it worked out, but apparently the players proposal only appeared to be a big concession, when in reality, after the numbers were run, they weren't going to give up a whole lot.. But at the same time, they have expressed they would give up some money, are fine with the cap, and acknowledge that there are problems.. But I find it really hard to side with the owners here.. The players gave HUGE concessions in the last go around, and it was supposed to be solved, now the owners are unhappy yet again. So **** them. I will be pissed if the only way we get hockey is if Bettman and co get all their demands met. It's ****ing stupid if you ask me. Bettman needs to be fired. Like Fehr said, look at baseball, hasn't been a threat of lockout in a decade and a half, although I admit, baseball is not perfect with their non-cap system.
According to Bettman, anyway. I agree with Fehr in that you can't compare the economics of the NHL to the economics of the NBA or NFL. Different sports have different systems and different methods of dealing with these sort of things. Apples & oranges.