View Single Post
Old
08-15-2012, 09:21 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
Eh, I don't think HF50 said anything out of the ordinary. Danault was always expected to be a bottom 6 forward, most likely a 3rd liner. He is right that he didn't show much of any offensive instincts during the 4 games but oh well.

Statistically, it backs up HF50's point that Danault looks to be only a bottom 6 forward at the NHL level. He finished like 5th on his junior team in points and had only 18 goals. He got outscored by a couple undrafted players the same age as him.

Hopefully he'll be able to put up 30-40 points at the NHL level while being physical and being a shutdown type player. That is all I'm really expecting from him and that would be great. Rattie sure looks good though. He is incredible around the net and in close...great hands, soft touch and an eye for the net. He won't carry the puck like a Kane or Hossa, but he finds the right spots on the ice and makes his mark. Wish we drafted him or Jurco at 26. Meh, could be worse though...then we might not have Saad(who shouldn't have been passed up 3 times by Hawks).
Rattie didn't look like anything special outside of the final game.. and even then, he really didn't do anything that made him stand out. He scored a couple PP goals at the side of the net that were tap-ins and set-up a tap-in, again on the PP.. 5-on-5 he didn't show much of anything, but again, it's August.

With Rattie's skating and lack of size, I have a hard time believing he'll be a good NHL scorer. I think he'll be an NHLer, but more of a fringe 2nd liner than a dynamic 1st liner. Rattie may have a higher offensive upside, but it's not like Danault's bad offensively himself and he's much more likely to reach his perceived potential (3rd line centre vs. top line scorer).