View Single Post
Old
08-15-2012, 11:53 PM
LeftCoast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Szyslak View Post
I'm not seeing how we are going to land Sedin quality players when we keep picking 25-29th overall.

If we do get a pick where we can draft a top player it means we either sucked so bad we got a lottery pick or we made some high value trade which means we're probably in rebuild mode.

I just don't see how we can avoid a rebuild after the twins decline.
That's why it's important to get a young, top tier prospect in the Luongo trade.

I'm of the belief that the team will be better this year just because they will have had a long off-season to prepare. We don't necessarily need a "now" player for Luongo.

Over the next 2 or 3 seasons, several of Kassian, Schroeder, Jensen, Gaunce, Connauton and Rodin are going to force their way onto the roster, and Tanev will likely push his way up the depth chart. We have all of our draft picks next year, and with these guys pushing from below, one way or another we will have assets to trade in the next couple of drafts if we want to move up and take a franchise player.

If we get a player who is 2 - 3 years from being a top 6 NHL forward and a 2013 1st round pick for Luongo, we will have lots of assets if we want to trade up in a draft.

LeftCoast is offline   Reply With Quote