View Single Post
Old
08-16-2012, 12:32 AM
KingLB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
I believe you mean OVERpaid.

He scores 28 goals on a team that doesn't play ANY defense and doesn't preach any kind of defensive responsibility....and it inflates his contract numbers.

You realize he now makes more than Jarret Stoll, Alexandre Burrows, Ryane Clowe, Dave Bolland, Chris Kunitz, Val Filpulla, Matt Duchene, Milan Hejduk, Stephen Weiss, Tomas Kopecky, Joe Pavelski (Same), David Perron, Patric Hornqvist and Paul Gaustad? Not to mention tons of others.

Talk about a stupidly inflated contract for a good year on an "open the barn door" style team.

All of those players bring a lot more to the table than Simmonds does. Does anyone care to argue that? He's a player whose production has almost been completely dictated by his teammates.

Simmonds had close to 50 points, and was still an ES -1. He was a -6 in the playoffs in 11 games. He had 16 points and 11 goals on the powerplay.

Now I am not saying he isn't a good player. I am not saying that at all. He is a very good young player.

But Philly just shelled out 4 mil a season to a 33 point, 17 goal, -1 even strength third liner.

Ouch.
Meh, its about market, and he brings other aspects of the game. Not to mention, with long term deals (none retirement deals), generally you overpay the first couple years then on the back end its a steal. Kinda like DD....if Wayne continues to improve or just stays stagnate tbh the deal is fine.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote