View Single Post
Old
08-16-2012, 06:48 AM
MXD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
I have the same issue with DD and I'm still seeing an outside chance Leblanc will eventually play in the middle. I'm thinking that the solution in 2 years is to actually have Plekanec be the 3rd center and let him focus on being a total shutdown guy. If Eller keeps progressing physically I think his offense will at some point grow, so it might work something like this.

2013-2014
Maxpac - Gally - Gionta
Eller - DD - Cole
Prust - Pleks - Leblanc
Moen - White - Bourque
Gomez - Gallagher/Colberg

When you think about it, DD is the kind of 2nd center we want, more than Eller and Plekanec, he provides offensive output for himself and his wingers but you don't want him playing against the top other team top line. Then it becomes Gally vs Pleks for the 1st line. I don't think that will be a fair fight, Gally offensively is too gifted to be used on the 3rd line and we'll need to have Maxpac score at 35+ goals pace still. Not sure Plekanec is that kind of play maker, he's more a 30-30 center than a 10-50(dd). This way we have center depth even if Gally goes down, or even if 2 of the centers go down. Gallagher can pitch in on the first 2 lines and hopefully Colberg is knocking on the door in case 2 of the scoring wingers are down. I'll remember 2011-2012 for being the year that our team got much worse with injuries, no depth.
My biggest problem with that is... 2013-2014 is a bit early to pencil Gally in the lineup. And that Lars Eller never proved he could handle ANY kind of duty on wing, let alone 2nd line duty.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote