View Single Post
Old
08-16-2012, 09:01 AM
Kjell Dahlin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Actually, that was a completely irrelevant tweet and the fact that people can't even comprehend the reasons behind it is sad.

When, exactly, was the previous management supposed to lock up Pacioretty long term? While he was scoring 10 goals a year on the third line, or when he was sitting in a hospital bed with a broken neck?

Give me a break, jeez.

-----

The guy put up 50 points and change over three seasons. Then he broke his neck. Tell me exactly when YOU would have liked to lock up Pacioretty to multi-year contracts.
You wrote: "... When, exactly, was the previous management supposed to lock up Pacioretty long term? While he was scoring 10 goals a year on the third line, or when he was sitting in a hospital bed with a broken neck? ..." and "... The guy put up 50 points and change over three seasons. Then he broke his neck. Tell me exactly when YOU would have liked to lock up Pacioretty to multi-year contracts?".

Good question!

I disliked Gauthier's inability to build a proper D squad, his obsession with former, colorless and bland Sens (the Montreal Senators!) and, in retrospect, his very rigid vertical style of management but he gave us plenty of top draft picks in 2012 and 2013, Eller, Cole, he inked Gorges long terms, he finally convinced Emelin to cross the ocean, he got rid of a very heavy contract (high maintenance Cammalleri) in return for a good pick, a good prospect and a guy who will give you 20-25 goals per season...

I think we can all agree that Bergevin is on his way to completely surpass the combined achievements of Gauthier and Gainey but I really don't understand the people who are using this great (GREAT!) signing (Pacioretty) to bash, again and ad nauseam, the former regime.

I also hope that people will realise that, prior to this summer, "locking " Pacioretty to a multi-years contract was not realistic (ref.: quote above) both from the team and player's perspectives.

That being mentioned... PK PK PK!

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote