View Single Post
Old
08-16-2012, 08:15 AM
ClemQ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by againsttheboards View Post
The question that I would have is this: are the "illegal practices" benefitting the team by making them a "super team", or is it simply making an undecided player choose the OHL over the NCAA?

If it is for the first (making a super team with the best possible selection of players by manipulating the draft -both the Priority Selection and Import), or offering huge monetary inducements to players to ask for trades to super teams, then I think it is fair for the OHL governors to try and level the playing field for all the teams.

If the charge involves luring a truly NCAA player committed to a US college (not a draft manipulator) then I am not as sure that the charges (whatever they may be) are as fair.

These two points are being thrown in the pot together but in my opinion, they are two very separate issues that make for two very separate conclusions. To keep the OHL competitive (and more enjoyable for the fans and players) the league needs to be able to have some control over the creation of super teams and the disparity between the haves and have-nots. As a fan, you'd like to see games where the outcome is not always a given and as a player you'd like to be selected for a team for the same reason.

really......you think teams are just trying to help the players choose the OHL... open the eyes and have a look around the whole CHL. the Saint john sea dogs had 9 players that were committed to the NCAA, and MIRACULOUSLY, they all changed their minds to go play in the Q. People have to be senile to believe that there is no money involved. out of 60+ teams in the CHL, it's always the same 8-10 teams that manage to change the players minds!!!!! wow....can you imagine the luck of those teams!!!!! To be soooo lucky that you are getting players to change their mind on their complete hockey career route, simply by using a good speech and a good walk around the city and the arena!!! All within the rules right )) GOOD FOR THE OHL to penalize a team, that are obviously buying players. I would hope that the Q, and the W take notice and they can also try to level the playing field with their teams as well.

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote