View Single Post
Old
08-16-2012, 09:53 AM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluemachine View Post
I never said he was a bad player or overpaid once in this thread (in fact I even said he could bounce back), feel free to check all of my posts. However he has been under performing or regressed over the last two seasons compared to what he was putting up fairly regularly.

His total production dropped by 21% from 2009/10 to 2010/11 and then dropped again by 13% from 2010/11 to 2011/12. All in all that's a 31% drop off from 2009/10 to present day Stastny.
I don't think you like 99% of Leafs fans understand. The Avs are not shopping Stastny, every previous reports indicate that the Leafs are interested in Stastny and the Avs are not shopping him. Which means if you want Stastny you're going to have to pay what the Avs believe he's worth, which would be a point per game centre. Takes 2 teams to make a trade which Leafs fans apparently forget since they think the whole league revolves around their team. Let me ask this again, how do the scraps the Leafs are offering fit into the Avs' line up to make them a better team? The only player that would make sense to trade Stastny for is Phanuef or Kessel.

McGinn-Stastny-Jones
Parenteau-Duchene-Hejduk
Landeskog-O'Reilly-Downie

The wingers the Leafs are offering would be at best the 7th or 8th best winger on the Avs, so you're telling the Avs to downgrade from Stastny to Bozak for 3rd line wingers? Please think before you propose.