View Single Post
Old
08-16-2012, 10:03 AM
CharlieGirl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
Obviously you set the bar very high with respect to the trade which is fine....however the trade was smart and savvy and necessary..regardless. They got depth and younger and extended their window for sucess. Sure we all want a cup but I think it's a bit too one-sided to judge it solely on whether they win a cup with the players they got although many of us did it with Pronger including myself but it was mostly b/c we gave up a lot for an aging D man. Now it's obviously not looking like a great move but only b/c a worst case scenario actually materialized which sucks something bad and set the Flyers back no doubt...almost pulled it off though until Leighton imploded and the team apart from one line (Briere line) was gassed (Richards) or playing hurt (Pronger, Carter etc.)
I agree that the trades were savvy, smart, and necessary (although only necessary due to prior screwups and the mindboggling need to throw in a 2nd round pick with every deal).

The term "brilliant" gets thrown around far too much around here when discussing a GM who has had his ups and downs, but has not brought a Cup yet, nor does it look like one is in the immediate future. And the team now needs to go through another mini-rebuild.

CharlieGirl is online now   Reply With Quote