View Single Post
Old
08-16-2012, 02:04 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

vCash: 500
http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph...ckey_content_/

KK interview with Caity Kauffman, Director of Hockey Content for website. Here's the first question on how she got into hockey, starting out.

Quote:
Caity was kind enough to take time out of her extremely busy schedule to tell us about her background, how she got into the game and her new position at HockeyPrimeTime.com.

PH: How did you get into hockey?
CK: Completely on accident. I was a sophomore in college and picked up an internship with the ECHL team, The Florida Everblades, that was close by my college Florida Gulf Coast University. My first hockey games were the ones I attended for work, and initially I hated it. It wasn’t until my boss challenged me to write game recaps and be the in-game sideline reporter on FOX Sports radio that I stepped up and started absorbing everything there was to know about hockey.

In retrospect, I have no idea how I survived two live interviews per game (while walking on the ice in 5” heels, mind you - my tiny 5’0” frame needed an extra boost to get the mic to the face of the real tall ones) and did it without batting an eye or breaking a leg. I have a couple on my YouTube page and I always get a laugh listening to them. Some were great, some were… rookie. It was all a learning experience.

What it comes down to is - being able to tackle asking those questions on the ice with 3,000-5,000 fans watching and listening, and who knows how many more listening on live radio, while I only had a couple months of hockey experience under my belt really helped my confidence in this industry big time. If I can do that, I can do anything. Hockey gave me a backbone.

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote