- 3rd Round Pick (Edm)

To Anaheim:

- Cody Hodgson (C)
- Tyler Ennis (C)
- Drew Stafford (RW)
- Luke Adam (C)
- Mark Pysyk (D)
- 1st Round Pick (Buf)
So Sabres gain: Ryan,Gagner and Getzlaf and lose Hodgson,Sekera,Tropp,Ennis,Stafford,Adam,Pysyk along with a 1st and 2nd round pick in 2013.No thanks.

Breaking the values down

Adam+1st for Gagner. Adam is still a decent prospect and the 13 draft is pretty deep so the 1st is extremely valuable.I wouldn't do this trade at a Sabres perspective but IMO it is the most even component of the 3 way deal.

Ennis+2nd+Sekera for Ryan. I would never do this trade.I am very high on Ennis and I can see him matching Ryan's point production as soon as this year.Sekera is a good top 4 d-man making only 2.75 a year, his contract adds to his value.A 2nd in the '13 Draft is valuable as well.I don't think trading a future #1 center and a good 2nd pairing d-man for a 30/30 winger is a good idea though it is no slight on Ryan.He is one of the best young wingers in the game but I feel Ennis has immense potential.

And lastly, Hodgson,Stafford,Pysyk and Tropp for Getzlaf?I would not do this trade.As a rookie Hodgson put up 40 points playing limited minutes.He projects as a 2 way 60 point center, an ideal #2 who can jump up to the 1st line if need be.Stafford is a solid ~25 goal winger with size who has scored 30 goals before.He is a proven 2nd line RW who can throw his body around.In fact, Stafford is a similiar player to Bobby Ryan, though Ryan is better and averages 10 more goals a season, though both are young, big, skilled wingers who can throw some checks,score goals and pull some nifty moves.

Mark Pysyk is one of the Sabres best prospects and projects as a top 4 d-man, possibly even a top pairing one.He can replace Schultz in the Anaheim organization.Corey Tropp is a hard working agitator who has a mean streak to his game.Buffalo is high on him, though I mainly see him as a 3rd liner at best, a 15-15-30 player.Still, he holds some value.

Getzlaf is an elite center and though I would love to get him on the Sabres and hope they throw him a mega deal next off-season, I think it's better if the Sabres keep Hodgson along with the other assets proposed in this trade.He is still on his ELC and is 5 years younger the Getzlaf, along with the fact that we would have to include Staff,Pysyk and Tropp to do the trade, which is just too steep of a price to pay for any player, not to knock Getzlaf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Not a single current first-liner or top player is given up - just maybe-prospects like Ennis and Hodgson - and yet two first-liners come back.

"Maybe-Prospects"?

Ennis and Hodgson are 2 of the best young centers in the game.Both are future top 6 centers if they aren't ones already.Ennis is a future #1 center with 70-80 point potential.Hodgson is going to be a 2 way 60 point center.To be honest, Ennis and Hodgson remind me of a Briere-Drury duo.To call them maybe-prospects is a joke, both are extremely skilled and extremely valuable.

Last edited by La Cosa Nostra: 08-16-2012 at 04:36 PM.
La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote