View Single Post
Old
08-16-2012, 05:47 PM
SeriousHabs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Wrong.

We DO ave the talent. We need it to stay healthy. We played last year without a second line, without our best defenceman, without our Captain and 25+ goal scoring second line winger (who was our first line winger before we found the Cole, DD, Pacioretty line), with a management team that didn't seem to know what was needed, and a coach who wouldn't play offence and refused to realize we needed a Prust type of player for a full season, especially with White out.

We currently have a terrific #1 line with Cole, DD, and Patches.

Our second line having Plekanec, Gionta, and Bourque has plenty of capability, and we can always replace Bourque with a young guy or a Moen if necessary. Our third line will have Eller and plenty of capable players. Our fourth line is probably going to be far tougher and useful against opponents like the bruins and Flyers. You will see, we will not get thrown around again.

As long as Markov is back and Bergevin signs Subban, our top 4 is as good as any in the league. Even without Markov our top 4 is decent. With Bouillon on board for veteran leadership on the bottom pairing, and young guys like Tinordi and Beaulieu pushing for a spot, we have defensive depth and capability.

Price is gold.

So, yes, we do have a team that can compete for the Cup IF we stay healthy. No need to tank, just to play well. Price had about 15 of his losses because we could not score 2 goals or more in support. Gionta should help turn some of those losses into wins, as would a rejuvenated Bourque.

I maybe a homer, but I have followed this team for decades. Stay healthy and we can win. Even with Therrien...sigh...
I agree with all of this, but my conclusion is that we have a team that can compete for 8th - 10th spot...maybe...if healthy.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote