G Don Beaupre

2x NHL All Star Game Participant
5x Top 9 All Star Voting(4, 4, 6, 7, 9)
2x Top 6 Vezina Voting(5, 6)
4x Top 10 GAA(4, 6, 10, 10)
2x Top 8 SV%(5, 8)
5x Top 10 Shutouts(1, 6, 6, 9, 10)

Quote:
Netminder Don Beaupre enjoyed a solid NHL career that spanned parts of 17 NHL seasons. He was known for cutting down the angles well and utilizing a cat-like glove hand.

Beaupre won 18 games in the regular season, participated in the All-Star Game, and played 14 post-season matches when the Stars reached the Stanley Cup finals.

In 1983-84 he backstopped Minnesota to an appearance in the semi-finals and played 25 games two years later. By 1988-89, the team declined and Jon Casey played most of the games. Beaupre was traded to the Washington Capitals early that season and played a handful of games for them before being sent down to the AHL. His career was rejuvenated in 1989-90 when he won 23 games in 48 appearances and helped the Caps reach the semi-finals for the first time in franchise history.

Beaupre continued to play well and benefit from Washington's solid defence in the early 1990s. He led the NHL with five shutouts in 1990-91 then won a career-high 29 games the next year. By the mid-'90s, the Capitals were looking to Olaf Kolzig to lead them in goal. Beaupre was shipped to the weak Ottawa Senators where he saw plenty of rubber in 71 games over two seasons.
http://www.legendsofhockey.net/Legen...p?player=18213

Quote:
Don's rookie season in the NHL was sensational and he played like a seasoned veteran. As mentioned previously, he made the All-Star team, helped the North Stars win the Norris Division and also helped them reach the Stanley Cup finals.

But soon Don got another chance and seized it. He not only made his way back to the NHL, but went on to make his mark in the Capitals' record book. Don held the franchise record in career wins (128) until Olaf Kolzig broke that mark.

The Capitals had a strong team defensively with a defense-first mentality, anchored by blueline stalwart Rod Langway.

"No doubt, those were some of the most fun times in my career," Don said. "I was playing all the time, we were winning in a tough division, it was real satisfying for me.

"I had five shutouts in one year [league leading in 1990-91], and I struggled to get one in every other year I think. It was fun to play with guys like Rod Langway and Mike Gartner, real good players and respected players. It was a good experience, and I really enjoyed living in Washington D.C., too."
http://northstarslegends.blogspot.co...n-beaupre.html

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote