View Single Post
Old
08-16-2012, 09:18 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
I agree with your post in general, but the Kings already "won" the trade -- hands down. They won the Stanley Cup. There's not a guarantee they win the Cup in 2012 or any point in the future with Simmonds and Schenn.
I agree it was already a win for the Kings, but what if the Flyers win a cup in the next few years, it doesn't become a loss for the Kings from our end, but it also becomes a big win for the Flyer from their end.

I'm personally not sold on Brayden Schenn, I always thought he was a bit overrated on this board. But even if he becomes the next Steve Yzerman this is still a trade the Kings had to make. The Kings were cheating their core players (who proved to be championship caliber) by not having the proper secondary players in place the previous years. Players like Stoll and Smyth were terrible in their roles and provided no support to Kopitar, Brown, Doughty, Quick etc. Even when Richards was playing like dog **** most of the year, he was still a player opposing coaches had to match-up against and respect.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote