View Single Post
08-16-2012, 11:30 PM
Ogie Goldthorpe
Piloted Ogre Hog
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Bruise Bros 2426 View Post
Colorado is definitely tougher than Vancouver, in my opinion. Up front, Colorado has Steve Downie and Cody McLeod. Both will throw their weight around and drop the gloves. Their blueline is big and physical and features Ryan Wilson, Ryan O'Byrne, and Shane O'Brien.

Vancouver, in all fairness, has Dale Weise up front. He's physical and he'll fight on occasion. Max Lapierre fought 7 times last year, so he's worth a mention. He's a pest and knows his role. Kesler and Burrows finish their checks, but neither really fight. A lot of diving. On the blueline, Ballard and Bieksa are physical and fight here and there. Vancouver isn't the softest in the league, but I think Colorado will be tougher to play against.
You missed Kassian, who should be a solid middleweight. Volpatti, who will rarely, if ever, play but can chuck 'em when he's in. And Alberts who, I guess, is at best a Hal Gill Jr. type tough guy... but is no shrinking violet. None of those guys changes the argument a huge amount, but all are worth mentioning.

Fortunately, Gilis has been drafting some toughness recently and if a few of our draft picks pan out, we'll be a much tougher team, fighting-wise and otherwise in the next couple of years.

Last edited by Ogie Goldthorpe: 08-16-2012 at 11:38 PM.
Ogie Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote