View Single Post
Old
08-17-2012, 12:17 AM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

vCash: 500
Kesler - He's going to miss a pretty good chunk of the season but I think his PPG will be better this time around. Won't be in Selke form but better than last season, likely score as many points in less games and hopefully less whining/diving.

Raymond - The offseason will help him for sure, I'm sure that if he sees some PP/top 6 duty he'll score 20-20.

Ballard - Since he definitively won't see PP duty I don't expect his point totals to be anywhere close to his Phoenix/Florida days but he's been looking more and more stable in the backend. Having a confident Ballard and Tanev together could seriously impact our defensive game and yield huge rewards in the post-season.

Tanev - Continuing from above, if Tanev's shot show a decent improvement (to go along with his confidence) he'll score 20-25 points and provide not only a bit more offensive punch but steady D-zone play. It's not going to be an Ehrhoff-like breakout, that could only happen way down the line.

Malhotra - His play will be a bit better from last season but he won't be back into Selke-voting range. So long as he keeps eating all the tough minutes while winning them defensive draws and chipping in some points, it's all good.

Kassian - He'll be a bottom 6 mainstay, plugging in holes in the top 6 whenever necessary. I see him potting 20-30 points, won't explode offensive unless he gels instantly with Kesler and Booth.

Booth - He'll be the Canuck who bounces back the strongest. Might miss a few games but he'll score 25-30 goals and pot ~55 points if all goes well in the health front.

VinnyC is offline   Reply With Quote