View Single Post
Old
08-17-2012, 09:26 AM
Morris Wanchuk

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobias Industries View Post
I'm going to play devil's advocate (as a massive Seguin fan mind you) and preface this by saying that winning Cups in this league is extremely difficult and fleeting and I wouldn't undo either trade.

But, I think I can justify trying to reverse the Kessel trade, if the circumstances surrounding the trade weren't what they were. In hindsight if the Bruins were somehow able to sign Kessel and he developed into the player he is on the Leafs we could potentially be looking at more of a dynasty scenario.

It really comes down to what you're looking for as a fan. If it's strictly cups, you might have wanted to undo the Kessel trade and go for multiple cups now given the strength of the team. But if you're looking to stay competitive moving forward, and hope competitive enough to win cups, you do the Kessel trade every day of the week.

Please don't flame me for this, I'm just trying to win cups!
How about the cap savings from Kessel to an ELC?

Seguin didn't play a huge role in the cup win, but the cap savings of Kessel vs. Seguin allowed the Bruins flexibility to bring in Horton, Peverley, Kaberle, and Kelly.

Not to mention, Kessels salary would have been used as a bargaining chip when resigning other RFA's.

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote