View Single Post
Old
08-17-2012, 11:37 AM
bsl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post

I don't get why everyone is in such a hurry to move our C depth. We FINALLY have depth at C ... something we've been begging for years.
This whole thread is so fail. What the ****. Does no one remember when Habs had great centers?

And why would we extend DD anyway. Why should we? Why is this a topic? There is no need to do this.

We have NO depth at C. We are crap at C and I've been posting this for 2 years. Our centers do not score goals.

Check our goal total for centers last year, and then ask if this might be a reason we finished 27th overall, because it's a huge reason. When are people on this board going to realize this? And don't say his assists count. They don't.

Go talk to Jean Beliveau about centers scoring goals. It is the difference between cup contenders and not. At least one C on your team has to be a big goal scorer. Has to.

When Gretz needed to score goals, he did. When Sid needed to score goals, he did. All great centers can switch to goal scoring mode if required. Gally is that guy, I pray, finally. DD will never ever be that guy, and we have better and bigger centers that play other roles he cannot. I love DD, but he is useless for our team in building a cup winner.

We have **** all in goal scoring at C, and DD is exactly the wrong type of center for us the next 3 years. He's great, but he's ****ing awful in combo with Eller and Pleks, who can't score goals either. You going to trade one of them before DD? No ****ing way.

The last thing we need is yet another second line, small, really small C who can't score goals. DD is wonderful but he's just an awful top 2 C for the Habs medium term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebinne4pres View Post
Lars Eller didn't had any chance to prove it either.

I remember Pacioretty....first two season stuck on the third line......
86 games, only had 6 goals and 19 passes for 25 points.

And we put him on the second (With Gomez nonetheless) and he put up 14 goals and 10 passes for 24 points in 37 games.

Eller is in the same position as Pacioretty was. Never got a chance so far.

And Eller got 16 goals last year.
16 goals playing 300 minutes less than Desharnais
Playing 200 PP minutes less than Desharnais
Playing with far worst winger than Desharnais
Playing a shutdown type of game.

Give him all that Desharnais had last years......and you have a center able to score 25-30 goals a year. Passes are great.....Goals are way better!!!

Just look at powerplay.

Eller scored 2 goals playing 52 minutes in PP
Desharnais scored 3 goals playing 266 minutes in PP

And don't start with the arguments that he is a playmaker not a scorer (just like Gomez and Koivu used to be) cause Pacioretty only scored 4 goals in 250 minutes of PP

What proof Desharnais had before getting his chance?? None, he got his chance because if this guy don't put up offensive, he's totally useless (can't play shutdown, can't play physical, can't play energy line.....so he must be on an offensive line or on the bench).
Agreed. Put DD in Eller's role last year. Switch it up. Let's see what happens then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
Do you understand that in order to get those goals, they have to get the passes first ? Ever played hockey ?

Weak and flawed argumentation...
There are many, many unassisted goals scored in Hockey. Ever play it? And second assists should be eliminated from scoring also. We need goals from our centers, not average assist totals with very good wingers, and no goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Imagine the trade value double-D might have if he's as overrated among GMs as he is on this board.
This is such a love fest. Yeah I love DD, but what a joke this is. Guys here need to get some perspective on the centers that actually play on good teams. We finished 27th overall last year and posters here are celebrating DD? They should be ****ing pissed off at him, Pleks and Eller. I know I am. They can't score on a ****ing barn door. Christ.

DD had a full time role on this team that finished 27th. He is not a child. He wears the Habs jersey. He deserves to take **** like every player on that team. Every player. They all failed, and they don't need hugs from us. Raise your expectations for players on the the Habs. And injuries are no excuse. Step up and play, replace the injured player. If you can't, you're not good enough. Your team is not good enough.

Perhaps you did not know: Lafleur, Lemaire, Lapointe, Savard and many others used to hear it from fans when they lost. And they expected that. Not hugs. They wore the CH. Rookie or vet, did not matter. Times were different yes, and it's tougher now. But I see no reason to give any player on the Habs a break, and a pat on the back for finishing 27th.

If there is a better Center than DD that can help the Habs win, then I want that player, not DD. So should you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
If he's productive given the opportunity, why have this discussion?

I'm a huge Koivu fan but he's not here now. Comparing a guy who we don't have to another doesn't change my opinion. You work with what you have.

Again, DD fits in just fine. H
No, you don't just 'work with you have'. NHL teams can act, they are not helpless. Get better players that fill needs you have, like goal scoring centers.

No. DD does not 'fit in just fine'. He's yet another small, non goal scoring center on a team that has had far too many of them the last 15 years. Wonder if that might have any relation to not winning cups. Hmm.

Look. In conclusion, you guys are gonna torch me. I know this. But I see a disproportionate amount of expectation for this player, especially given his size, and his very small playing sample. I see no realism at all regarding DD.

Further, I'm amazed that Habs fans think this highly of a center that is at best average, given this team's history of great centers.

Edit: I will eat every damn word of what I just wrote if DD adjusts and scores 30 goals next year. Because Pleks and Eller will not, and that is what we need. If he's as good as you say, that is what he has to do, he should step up and score goals. I am not interested in his assists. I want to see goals from him. And mark me: He will lose his job if he does not do this. See you in a year.

Last edited by bsl: 08-17-2012 at 12:56 PM.
bsl is offline   Reply With Quote