View Single Post
Old
08-17-2012, 11:33 AM
Stray Wasp

vCash: 500
Drum roll, fanfare, ballet dancers sashay down the red carpet scattering rose petals, another fanfare. The national anthem of Freedonia strikes up.

With that, I may safely make my Premier League 2012/13 predictions.

Well, not safely at all as it happens. Its interesting how the richer clubs become, the more games of tedious brinkmanship in the transfer market we have to endure before everyone puts key pieces to their jigsaw in place. Conceding that the balance of some teams may change radically by 1st September and utterly undermine the premise on which these forecasts are made, here goes.

1. Manchester City
2. Manchester United
3. Arsenal
4. Chelsea
5. Liverpool
6. Everton
7. Tottenham Hotspur (5th if they sign a top-class striker and reinforce their midfield)
8. Newcastle United (10th if the timebomb in Ashley's brain detonates or Coloccini misses a lot of games)
9. Aston Villa
10. Queen's Park Rangers
11. Fulham (swap with the rabble in 12th if Dempsey leaves)
12. sunderland
13. Bolton Ham United (with a change of manager along the way, I hope).
14. Coventry Wigan
15. Swansea City
16. Southampton
17. Stoke City
18. Norwich City
19. West Bromwich Albion (14th if it turns out that everyone in English football is an idiot except the Baggies board and Steve Clarke can manage, or Clarke gets canned early enough for a proper manager to take his place).
20. Reading

I think the top six will all improve upon their points tallies of last season and eleven teams will finish with less than 50 points, leaving so many teams bunched close together that one or two rogue results will leave my beautiful predictions in tatters.

Stray Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote