Thread: Proposal: Van-SJ-Tor
View Single Post
Old
08-17-2012, 02:52 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
The Sharks do in fact 'get hosed' though. Pretty unanimously response on that. I said nothing about the OP trolling though, and I don't think it was, just a bad proposal.
I don't think the Sharks are "hosed", but I for sure agree they end up with the crap end of the deal. The OP has clearly overvalued Lu's (and probably Hansen's) value to the Sharks, and if a top flight goalie was needed....well Boyle for Lu, Clowe for Hansen, a first for Kadri and something equivalent for Niemi (not included in the OP) wouldn't be terrible value. The fact is, the Sharks fans don't feel they need an upgrade in net as much as other parts of their team, so Luongo holds limited value, like with Florida. Boyle, who I don't think is being shopped but has been brought up in proposals, is more valuable to their team then Luongo, period.

I also believe Niemi is a definite upgrade over the current Leafs goaltenders, but can see their hesitation in surrendering their top prospect, who again I don't think is as valuable to the Sharks as to the Leafs, for Niemi.

On a psuedo-related note, whats the addition to Booth to make an offer for Boyle? I know a few Sharks have coveted him in other threads.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote