View Single Post
Old
08-17-2012, 02:21 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I'm big on Kitsyn too (though I like Gibson more) I just don't think he'll be as high a syou seem to imply TG. I veiw him more along the lines of a Sergei Nemchinov (to use a Russian comparision minus the penalty killing skills, which could come) or maybe a Michal Handzus (faster though, and not as big). Kitsyn seems like a 15 goal, 35-50 point guy who'll play a two-way game and fight through traffic and get dirty in the corners. I think he should be higher on this list as well, but so should Gibson. I think Kitsyn, asumming he doesn't get wrecked in Russia, will be a nice piece for the puzzle down the road though.
Fair enough. If I had to say what I see MK producing during his prime in the NHL it would be a 20/20 ish solid 2nd line LW who can be a pker as well. Gibson is an excellent prospect and is oddly down on the list to me too. He has a hitch in his development and that is a confidence issue. Sometimes he is a world beater at his level and other times he is average.

If or when he develops his consistency/confidence to match his skill level he will be something to see.

We aren't that far off on MK. I watched him a bunch when he was in NA and have watched his dedicated film from this past season and he is coming along nicely. His game is so NA that he looks like completely out of place on big ice EU style of play.

He has picked up his hit and run technique and that is a big thing because he used to finish his checks and then sort of gloat over his victim for a second taking him out of the play. That used to be fine in the old NHL but not anymore.

I know I am preaching to the choir with you but I do get excited about our prospects.

Of the players on the poll a couple of the kids ranked above these last few are 50/50 guys to make it to the NHL imo but there isn't any denying their skill levels being worthy of top 20 mention.

We are still so very loaded in every area but sniper that it is dizzying when you consider how truly awful we were for so many years.

It is an excellent time to be a fan of the Champs!

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote