View Single Post
Old
08-17-2012, 03:09 PM
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
I did a few quick player look ups via rinknet and eliteprospects, and one thing that is seeming to stick out with the Alumni is that they come from a level, go to the GMHL and come back to the same level they started. Full disclsure, I only looked up 6-7 players, I would be interesting to see the examples if i dug deeper. I may actually do so in my down time.

Examples include....
Craig Peacock (No record of playing in the GMHL, but Ill trust them)
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=26283

Peacock was playing in Peterborough in 2004-2005. We went back to Peterborough in 2008
What you probably don't realise is the EPIHL is an adult league, before leaving Peacock was just a junior playing up for the senior team. I would say Peacock certainly benefitted from playing in the GMHL, if you look more closely at his stats he was just a kid sitting on the bench for a few games in the EPIHL, and only getting to play less than 20 junior games. Playing GMHL gets him what a 40+ game season with good ice time? Then he came back to the EPIHL and was a PPG player, then went on to score 94 points, then went on to play in the top tier, and now is one of the best players in the country.

However Peacock is an anomaly, most British guys who go to the GMHL aren't that good anyway and then come back and typically are no better than 3rd liners in the 2nd tier

Last edited by Propane Nightmares: 08-17-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Propane Nightmares is online now   Reply With Quote