View Single Post
Old
08-17-2012, 04:47 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Yep, kid has Flyer written all over him. What I liked was how he actually embraced the boo's (which Shannahan told him to not let the booing ruin this moment and to use it as motivation going forward) and how he's ready to participate in the cross state rivalry.

As what Laperriere and others have said about Laughton, he has superb eye-hand co-ordination and he's a fantastic puck handler. His face off skills are also very good and yeah, the pit bull mentality definitely fits him. I still stand by what I said when this guy reminds me of a smaller, but a better skating version of Keith Primeau. He's just got the "it" factor in terms of playing hockey. He knows where to be on the ice at all times and more important, he's willing to do what ever it takes and willing to play whatever the coach wants him to play in order to win.

I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do as the top line pivot in Oshawa and getting 20 to 22 minutes a night of ice time. I think he's going to have a big year for the Generals and I think he'll be one of those guys that Holmgren will deem untouchable.
I had a feeling Shanny was saying something along those lines to him. Now a smaller version of #25! I will take it. I must admit I was pumped when we had the what 4th pick in that draft and we were going to get one of the big five. I wanted Mike Ricci and was excited when we landed him. Keith on the other hand, when he finnally got him made me a believer.(Hell I have his jeresy in black). Funny how things turn out. We ended up with four of the big five and JJ was ours for the taking. It's also true that with all the modern technology etc. Scouting is still a crapshoot in all sports. There is no way to measure a young man's heart and disire. And there is no stat or fact to back that up. You just have to really trust in your scouts and that everyone is on the same page.

Take Care.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote