Thread: Confirmed with Link: Contract extension for Trevor Timmins
View Single Post
Old
08-17-2012, 05:22 PM
Belso

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Bergevin is very pragmatic. I instantly approved of everything he's done with one possible exception: the selection of Therrien as coach. However, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until we see Therrien repeat his past tactical mistakes (that fateful faceoff. for example).
I think his hands were tied a little. The only thing I like about The Therrien hire is that he is a no BS coach. So if players take shifts off, he will correct the problem. I just hope he's not too Bad ass and have players hate him too fast for it..

The important thing now is to see how fast Bergevin reacts if Therrien isn't doing a good job. And often there is only a change when there is a better candidate available which as of now in my opinion is no one.

Back to Timmins, I agree with some posters that not everyone who can be a GM want to be a GM. I would really like being a scout. The pay is good and I would love my job. unlike a lot of people, I'm 37 and have had some ****** stressful jobs in the past and my goal is not to achieve lots of money in the bank and live the fancy life. I'm sure Timmins is making a pretty good salary and he's respected in the office. I wouldn't be surprised if he hated the Gauthier era and he looks at ease in his role with the team now. I hope he's here for many years to come.

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote