View Single Post
Old
08-17-2012, 07:00 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Drej

vCash: 500
Quote:
Lightning defenseman Matt Carle wanted it clear he did not request to wear jersey No. 25 on a whim. He understands what the number — worn for four years by revered captain Dave Andreychuk and by no one since his 2006 retirement — represents to the team and its fans.
I don't like Carle getting 25. If he knows what that number means and why it's been untouched for so long then he should pick a different number like he's done here before and back in San Jose. No offense to Carle.... but he's Matt Carle.

I got over 19 when it was picked by Veilleux but I think Andreychuk is different. I'm also one who believes it should be retired, but even it hasn't been, up to now every player the past 6 years stayed away from it. It's very bold of Carle to ask for permission.

Quote:
So profound were his contributions, including helping a young team understand accountability and how to win, there was a belief No. 25 would be retired. It eventually could be, though the team was vague: "The organization fully recognizes Dave Andreychuk's impact as a Lightning player and as captain of the 2004 Stanley Cup champions," spokesman Bill Wickett said. "We look forward to properly saluting and celebrating him for his contributions to the franchise."
Not sure what this could be. If they were going to retire his number I think they wouldn't have told Carle he could have it the next 6 years. Maybe a ring of honor thing?

Last edited by TheDaysOf 04: 08-17-2012 at 07:05 PM.
TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote