View Single Post
Old
08-18-2012, 11:08 AM
Little Black
@LittleBlack87

vCash: 500
It was the 1st preseason game last night VS Victoriaville. Cat won 4-2 and 1 035 persons attended the game.

Here's my impressions on some players. The best player on the ice last night was 19 year old forward Jean-Chrystophe Houde. He's got above average hands. He's making great passes and he controls the puck very well. Very average shot but he's got hockey sense he's always at the good place at the right time. He's not big at 5'10 174 but he's not afraid to go through traffic and in corners. He finished the game with 1 goal and 1 assist. A game doesn't make a season but it starts pretty well for him.

Mathieu Gagnon did well too on defense. He was the oldest player on the ice for both teams last night (20). He got some solid hits, got an assist and had a fight. As much as I like him it will be though for him to stay with the team because he's competing with Arseneault, Poudrier, Sakaris and Narbonne for one of the three 20 years old places on the team. Personnally I'd keep Poudrier, Narbonne and Sakaris.

I had heard good things about rookie defenseman Raphael Maheux since we drafted him but it was the 1st time I saw him in a game. Even if he's 16 he looks much more older and mature than his age says. He's very solid on defense and can contribute on offense too. He will be one of the best defenseman in the Q in some years.

I wanted to get a look on german goaltender Marvin Cupper too. He started the game in net for the Cats and looked very nervous in his crease. He did good with only allowing a goal.

On another side, goaltender Tommy Auger did better in my opinion than Cupper when he replaced him. He looked nervous too on the first shots but it got away. He made some great saves and was challenging the shots much more than Cupper. He was the best of both last night.

For Victo I think their best player last night was forward Alexandre Munger even if he didn't registered points. He's got good speed and he's really strong with the puck. I also like Felix Antoine Savage who showed great things on offense for his team scoring 1 goal. There's good chances he'll be in Victo for the season if he has a great camp.

That's it for last night. The Cats are playing again tonight VS the Tigres in Trois-Rivières at 6:30 PM.

Little Black is offline   Reply With Quote