Thread: Proposal: Dustin Byfuglien
View Single Post
Old
08-18-2012, 11:12 AM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 805
Buff is an impact player, period. There's no comparable player in the league. His defensive lapses are well known but I absolutely wouldn't trade him for a bunch of spare pieces (cue the Ballard + Raymond proposals). If you're going to trade an impact player, you want another one in return or at least several high-end prospects, not a second-pairing D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecristo View Post
Dougie Hamilton, Jordan Caron and a 1st round pick for buff and Kane.

Hamilton and byfuglien both are attacking D with different skill sets beyond that, Hamilton with much higher upside. Caron and the first balance it out to include Kane.
Wow, we're overvaluing prospects here. I recognize Hamilton is a great prospect but you're still lucky if he turns out to be as good as Buff is. Realistically Caron's not a high ranking prospect and the 1st would be late. That package might get you Kane (who is worth more than Buff) but certainly not Kane and Buff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecristo View Post
Trouba, burmistrov, byfuglien

For

Hamilton, Jared knight, Rich peverley, jordan caron and a 1st
Trouba and Hamilton are essentially a wash, different styles but similar value. This is admittedly much better than the previous one but still not something I'd care to do.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote