View Single Post
Old
08-18-2012, 12:04 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJudge View Post
That's some insane offense from the defense. I'd be blown away if that happened.

Using some basic math the team would need to score about 250 goals next year to get those point totals. Possible, but that'd put us top 5 in scoring for the league. I'm down
I know, and thats exactly what I am expecting. All the elements are there. Wideman is always in the 40-50pt range, I think Bouwmeester's numbers will improve significantly under Hartley and possibly playing with Wideman. We also need to consider that Gio will hopefully rebound after missing significant time last year. Brodie is your prototypical offensive dman, and I am REALLY expecting him to breakout next season and he is definitely capable of it.

The haters will always hate on the Flames, but the fact is it has been a long time since we have had this much scoring depth throughout our lineup. Our best team we fielded in recent years was in 08/09, and our lineup this year definitely has the potential to be better. I expect us to be in the top 5-7 in scoring next season, defensively is where I have questions. If we can also be a sound defensive team, then we should see the playoffs.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote