View Single Post
Old
08-18-2012, 01:52 PM
ninetynine*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Really scratching my head at why people think Westgarth will hang around. He played in just 7 of the Kings final 49 games following the Sutter hire. What good is the guy?

Nobody in this day and age needs a fighter that can't play any hockey, it is a complete waste of a roster spot. The Kings and Devils were both in the finals in LARGE part due to their ability to roll four lines at you night after night, and have all four coming at you hard. When you put a Westgarth on a line, it completely ruins any chance of that. His being in the lineup hurts the Kings, it's that simple.

Suggestions that Clifford (who can fight AND play hockey, what a nice combination) and the very versatile Richardson might go to Manchester make no sense at all for me. Both are nice role players. And get rid of Gagne? No chance, he will can be very effective in a 3rd line role, adds twoway awareness and scoring punch to a 3rd line, that would be huge.

Anything other than Richardson, Clifford and Hickey/Muzzin as the 3 extra players is not going to make me happy at all. I think it's pretty clear that Drewiske and Westgarth have no place on the Kings anymore, there are better players available now.
Couldn't be more wrong.

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote