View Single Post
Old
08-18-2012, 03:05 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
I think as a whole, we'd be less than impressed with the return we'd get for him considering he is a BIG part of our team's offense. We don't need to regress offensively and subtracting his game breaking ability does that.

I would rather not sell Buff for spare parts or marginal prospects. He is a unique player and one that will always be greater than the sum of the return netted in a trade.

Continued coaching and dedication will make him better in all areas. Lets hang onto him!!!!!!!
It's true. Just think about how much progress e could make defensively in two years. If he ever does shore up his all round defensive game and could keep 80% of his offense doing it...we would literally have a top five defenseman in the NHL. Given his physical dominance. He'd be only behind Chara and Weber league wide for physical defenseman.

Bogosian's development may be hindered by being kept on the second pairing with rotating partners. But I think a responsibly defensive Buff's ceiling is higher than a Bogosian improving 10 points. Buff's offensive impact is already monstrous.

I say we keep them all, try to draft well and get a free agent or two each off-season and see how well this core progresses. They made decent strides last season, give it a bit more time. Byfuglien getting more experienced and more savvy is a scary thought for other teams.

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote