View Single Post
Old
08-18-2012, 04:48 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 500
I see it playing out as the following, as a general overview, under a puck possession offensive system:

Tanguay - Stajan - Iginla plays against the top competitors, in two-way situations. Slightly out shot, but still put up respectable numbers.

Tanguay (18g - 38a) - Stajan (15g, 25a) - Iginla (25g, 31a)

Cammy - Cervenka - Hudler get mostly offensive starts against weak competition because they can't be trusted to handle tough loads.

Cammy (28g - 52a) - Cervenka (18g - 29a) - Hudler (21g - 23a)

Glencross - Backlund - Stempniak will be given a two-way role against average competition and will compete well. I expect this to be our best line as far as Corsi numbers goes.

Glencross (22 - 14a) - Backlund (12g - 20a) - Stempniak (14g - 19a)

Boumeester (10g - 35a) and Wideman (16g - 30a) should be very good offensively, but have poor Corsi and +/- stats because they can't clear out the net or hit guys off the puck.

Giordano (8g - 20a) is our best two-way defesemen, with Brodie (11g - 15a) mentoring him and becoming a good two-way defensemen too.

With injuries, I see Baertschi, Comeau, and Jones performing well as our top 9 call ups. I hope to see 40 goals between the three of them.

Bouma, Jackman, Aliu do OK as defensive energy forwards.

I see Byron, Smith, Horak, Babchuck, Sarich struggling for ice time.

All and all we should be top 5 in goals, bottom 15 in goals against. Optimistically looking for us to be in the 5th to 9th range in the conference all year, with Nashville, Pheonix, San Jose, and Red Wings slipping back in the standings, while Minny, Edmonton, and Dallas step forward. Kings face a cup-hangover problem, St. Louis and Vancouver lead the conference, but Anaheim and Colorado remain in average-bottom contention.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote