View Single Post
Old
08-18-2012, 05:26 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
@ Glen, I do. I don't think it is overrating him either. Brodie is an offensive dman in the purest form. He has had to work on all his other aspects of his game like strength and defensive zone play to become an NHL'er. As long as he is getting top 4 minutes and PP time, I see him getting alot points. Many times last season Brodie also was a catalyst in generating offence. Many of the plays he made last season we were not used to seeing from guys on our blueline. I really think there is alot there in terms of growth with Brodie and I don't expect it to be all that long before is our top producing dman.

Maybe I am overrating him, however thats exactly how I see him developing and I know he has all the tools to do it.
I am not disagreeing that he is a great offensive talent but I hard it extremely hard to believe that Brodie will be be on par with guys like Yandle, Weber, Boyle etc. Those guys need 250+ pp minutes in order to put up those kind of points as it stands for the next several years he will be behind Jbo, Gio, Wideman for those minutes (he may surpass Jbo) but there is no way he takes those minutes on this team with out significant changes. Time will certainly tell which one of us is right but I believe he is being overrated due to the fact he is the first defenseman since Dion to show top 4 offensive potential. But I will say his 6 points in 93 pp minutes shows he has the potential to put up high numbers at that pace he would of had 20.5 pp points in the same amount of time that it took Boyle to get 17.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote