Thread: Proposal: Pittsburgh - Colorado
View Single Post
Old
08-18-2012, 06:54 PM
Pure

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
IDK I think Martin would make the Avs better. I have no real interest in Kennedy though, nor do I think the Avs would move Mcginn so soon (even though I'm not really convinced he's a convincing upgrade over Kennedy). He's a good defender who seems to have been a bad fit in Pittsburgh. I think he'd be able to play freely in Colorado and might look good along with EJ.

Some posters seemed receptive to a Hejda for Martin trade, I would do that in a heartbeat despite his contract. Doubt the Pens would though.

OP isn't nearly as bad as some posters are making it out to be; these may not be the right pieces for the Avs but the OP attempted to make a fair proposal with balanced value and I don't think he's far off the mark.
Basically the same way I feel. I really like our acquisition of McGinn but to say hes a top six player at this point is pushing it. He does have that talent and potential, the same way that Martin could potentially return to his days with the Devils. That being said, Hejda is an underrated piece IMO, he was one of the key reasons why our defence improved last year and made life a little easier for Varly. I'd do this trade if we switch Hejda to O'Brien.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote