View Single Post
Old
08-18-2012, 09:51 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
I don't have much of a problem with Savard's skating, I don't see how he's slower than Nikitin, for example, he also outscored Moore in less than half the games, and he's a capable powerplay quarterback. I also consider him more positionally sound than Moore. Now I feel like I'm bashing Moore, I'm not, I like his game too, but Savard has shown more all around potential than Moore has to me. Just my opinion.
IMO, any player at any position can get by with average/below average skating if they get to the spot they need to get to more efficiently....that usually comes with experience and hockey sense. Savard just isn't there yet, IMO. I'm not really sure I expect him to be, really. Moore can make up for being in the wrong position with his speed and how hard he can be on the puck. I don't see that from Savard yet. Moore is no tough guy along the walls, but he does stick his nose in there. I don't see that from Savard yet.

That's not to say he can't get there. With his size and shot he could end up better than a lot of guys. or maybe he won't. I'm not the best guy to talk to about prospects. I tend to evaluate more on what I see than what I think I will see with a lot of these guys after a few games. I've just not really seen anything from Savard that makes me think he's anything special so far.

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote