View Single Post
Old
08-18-2012, 10:58 PM
welcometothebigshow2

vCash: 500
Caught the game tonight. Pretty good game overall, fast and a few big hits. For Moncton, up front I liked Hodge, Thomas, Pitre, Hynes, Spears and Gagne. Standing out the most Hodge, and Gagne, for me atleast. Hodge played physical and created a few chances. Gagne is a perimeter player for sure, but I liked him, always buzzing. On the backend I liked Sweeney, Primeau, McCabe and Labbé. Sweeney created a lot of chances however tried to do too much and often got caught up doing it. I wonder if that will work against veterans like Brent Andrews, Josh Currie, etc. Anyways, I liked McCabe's game second best, he flattened two or three kids and I read that he was -3, I don't think he was but I did miss two goals against. Primeau never made any standout plays other than a few passes. Could be a dependable # 7 or 8 guy who could step in with ease. Labbé threw the body around and made a few good passes, but he doesn't have a good enough hockey IQ to play this year. I think any of the first three mentioned all have a shot at making it, but Sweeney is the only one who will if no moves are made. Sharp was not that good in nets, I think it's set in stone who the goalies are. Bathurst had better forwards and Moncton had better D, while goaltending was equal. Great game to watch though, but I was hoping for one of Arthur, Simpson, Thomas or Spears to step up to Dube who was stirring the pot all night. Maybe tomorrow. Still a great game though!

welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote