View Single Post
Old
04-28-2006, 10:03 PM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock
My whole beef with this kind of thread is the fact he came out with his one-liner about Ribs being the worst player on both teams and is soft and slow. He had no insight as to why he "thought" that (or was he "telling us" that Ribs is bad meaning he is 100% right). All I'm saying is to back it up. As for Ribs, I guess you simply have to look at him in comparison to what Ribs has done normally and what he did tonight. Hands down, Ribs did many good things and was an improvement over the Ribs we all know. I actually saw him come back and dig the puck from behind the net in his own zone to help out his defensemen. Backchecking is something he never does, but he is playing Gainey's system. Yes, there are some things you'll always shake your head at with some of Ribeiro plays, but he did good things tonight. He was hitting and digging in the offensive corners and winning those battles. The only bad marks I'll give him was for some poor passing plays or holding onto the puck too long.
I've got no use for posters who have nothing to say other than a snotty one liner ridiculing a poster or player without making an arguement as to the opinion. I figure why bother ?

I agree that Ribs works harder game in game out than in the past. I think he's better off most nights with Kovy, though tonight was tough. Watching though, and I'm not the best guy to break a game down technically, it seemed that he was breaking all the cardinal rules, all the do's and dont's. I also don't think they came out timid or soft, in fact , I think the Canes took away what they wanted to do tonight. Tactically it's been an odd series, tonight they played our game. I give them credit tonight.