View Single Post
Old
08-18-2012, 11:09 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
You who constantly points out skating should be a big Jensen fan. He will make the NHL for that reason alone in my opinion. He is older but defensively he is pretty sound with some very nice scoring punch. He asked the Wings about turning pro, early reports to the off-season had him wanting to leave for the AHL this year. The Wings thought he would benefit from a big junior year. I also think it is to give Almqvist his last chance at turning around his struggles and seeing what he is offensively. A role Jensen would challenge him for. Realistically unless Marchenko stays in Russia something is going to have to be answered by trade. Jensen, Marchenko, Sproul and Ouellet are all too good to go to the ECHL. They are all on track to being in Grand Rapids next year. When you throw in Nedomlel somebody is going to have to get moved or take an overage year the best I can follow. That is also assuming Nicastro doesn't have a turn around season. Grand Rapids looks loaded for bear without enough spots entering next year, some answer is going to have to come from the Wings on that.
Which is another reason why Jensen should in the AHL now.

We're going to rot our 20 year olds next year so a 23 year old can get his icetime? Sounds like a bad plan.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote