View Single Post
Old
08-19-2012, 03:28 AM
steveg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post

I've said it a few times now. Short term I'm sure TK is the better option there. In the first half of the season, I bet he'd outscore Tangradi by a fair margin. But Tangradi has the chance to actually improve into a legitimate top 6 option. TK is never going to do that. He doesn't have the skill to make up for his lack of size. Tangradi might never become a good top 6 guy either, but as long as the chance is there I think we should see what we can get out of him. If we put TK in that spot in February because Tangradi just isn't cutting it, I think he'll be just as good then as he would be if he played in that spot all season.

At the same time, TK is a better fit on our 3rd line. He can create his own offense better than Tangradi. He's a faster skater. And he has years of experience playing on a defensive NHL line. Tangradi would probably just be a bad fit on that third line. I think Jeffrey would be better there than Tangradi actually.
Excellent points, IMO. You also said you felt that ET on Crosby's or Malkin's line this year would be about 40 even-strength points. I agree with you there, too...I had been thinking something around 15G/25A for him were he to secure a spot on one of the top two lines...most of that coming in the second half of the year, and the vast majority at even strength. And 15/25 e/s seems respectable for me, for his first year there...

You make, IMO, excellent points, Ogrezilla. I find myself agreeing, or being persuaded to agree, with much of what you have to say most times...

Steve

steveg is offline   Reply With Quote