View Single Post
Old
08-19-2012, 08:26 AM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
I don't think it's a dick move by him. Clearly he had personal issues and signing with the Marlies allows him to stay close to home more of the time, spend time with his family and continue his hockey career. Being 2500km away from home isn't for everyone. Although I don't know the situation behind why he left, it would make sense that someone who has just gone through personal issues would rather stay at home than play in another country.

I don't think anyone here could say that if they had personal issues and wanted to be closer to family that they'd go back to their former employer on the other side of the continent to be courteous, when they would be unhappy doing so. Toronto is close to home for him and signing with the Marlies will allow him to play pro hockey again. Nothing wrong with that.
I'd go back to my former employer, definitely. If I signed a contract and then abandoned my team I would never consider waiting 3 years for my rights to expire and then sign with another team without atleast offering to go back to my original team. If he did that and Yzerman said no (which isn't out of the question considering I wouldn't trade any of our defensemen for Paul Ranger now) I wish him well but if not I hope he has a meeting with Gudas next year.

Going Back to Cally is offline   Reply With Quote