View Single Post
Old
08-19-2012, 08:46 AM
smitty10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Says the Toronto fan.
He's not signed to the Maple Leafs, but to the Marlies. If anything I find it annoying that a 27 year old who's been out of hockey for 3 years is taking a spot away from a Leafs prospect when he's not there on an NHL contract. He's not Leafs property.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patilevski View Post
I'd go back to my former employer, definitely. If I signed a contract and then abandoned my team I would never consider waiting 3 years for my rights to expire and then sign with another team without atleast offering to go back to my original team. If he did that and Yzerman said no (which isn't out of the question considering I wouldn't trade any of our defensemen for Paul Ranger now) I wish him well but if not I hope he has a meeting with Gudas next year.
If you were uncomfortable living away from your family and home you wouldn't work with a company 2500km away from your home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundCake View Post
I agree, but you really can't expect Lightning fans to not be at least a little annoyed. If the situations were reversed leaf fans would feel the same way.
He's not signed with the Leafs. He's signed to a Toronto farm team so he can be close to home. He's not likely to play for the Maple Leafs, unless he has an absolutely exceptional showing in the AHL and earns a contract (and we're at 49 or 50).

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote