View Single Post
Old
08-19-2012, 11:06 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Eller is defensively mature for his age, we didn't need stats to show us that, he was consistently used against tougher opposition, we saw this, Martin and Cunneyworth even expressed that this was his role.

As for being a 3rd line centre only, we need to remember that he didn't have the best of wingers and had almost zero PP time the entire year. I wouldn't write him off from being a top 6 center any time soon. He is still developing and has shown great things compared to his first season. The only problem is that with Plekanec, Galchenyuk and Desharnais, I doubt Eller ever gets a chance to shine unless this year one of Plekanec or Desharnais go down for a lenthy period of time while Galchenyuk is in junior.

It's a real shame because Eller is a good player and will probably end up being shipped off because of a numbers game. I'm going to get ragged on, but I don't care, assuming Galchenyuk develops well, I'd rather move Desharnais to the wing or ship him off before I would Eller .
Why would you? The majority of this board has dimissed DD already. The OP has brought it up several occasions himself.

I actually think his question 2 was referring to DD not Eller.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote